Learn practical tips and techniques for effective and assertive communication. This easy-to-read book is a practical and valuable resource for anyone who wants to improve their relationship with themselves and with others in their life. Assertiveness is an essential skill to enhance both our work and personal lives and is beneficial in overcoming addictions and other compulsive behaviors. What About Me, What Do I Want? includes:
- A discussion of the four styles of communication
- How we learn and keep ourselves non-assertive
- The role of our self-talk and our beliefs in becoming and staying assertive.
- Overcoming our obstacles to being assertive, such as worrying about other's feelings, meeting everyone else's expectations, and the fear of appearing selfish.
- Practical tips on how to be assertive, including saying "no," dealing with criticism, letting go of control and consistently expressing our feelings, wants and opinions
- Several checklists and self-reflection questions to help you to apply this practical information to your own life.
Condition: Very Good
Goodreads rating: 3.5/5